Learn about the role of non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality contracts from IP & Commercial Contracts expert Andy Harris.
This class is aimed at those involved in or approaching pre-contract discussions and negotiations with potential customers, clients or suppliers, and will cover:
- What is an NDA? Why and when to use a non-disclosure agreement
- The role of non-disclosure agreements in the pre-contract stage
- What should be in an NDA, including non-compete clauses and non-solicitation clauses
- The use of confidential information and protecting trade secrets
- Other important confidentiality documents that can be produced in the journey towards a binding commercial agreement
- The basics of contract formation and key issues to ensure you remain in control of the NDA process
Gain a practical understanding of non-disclosure agreements and how to use confidentiality agreements within your business.
I head up MBM Commercial's IP & Commercial Contracts team, helping clients with IP strategy and enforcement, with data protection issues and with all their IP, online and general commercial contract needs. We have a focus on technology, life science and energy but have experience in many other areas such as games, entertainment and digital media. The firm is known for its early stage and high growth company work and has a reputation for using its network to help clients beyond the legal work.